Since our inception in the fall of 2013, ArtRoot has:
- Formalized a vision statement for ArtRoot and the Racine arts community.
- Created a list of short, medium, and long term tactics to realize the vision.
- Inventoried the arts and culture resources in Racine and created a Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arts_and_Culture_Resources_in_Racine,_Wisconsin
- Initiated biannual ArtsMixers to enhance networking opportunities among Racine’s artists, arts professionals and arts advocates. Read more about the ArtsMixers at http://artrootracine.org/artsmixers/.
- Worked with the Racine Arts Council to establish a Local Authors’ Lounge at the Racine Arts Council where poetry, fiction and art books featuring local writers and artists are showcased and available for purchase.
- Developed a Writer-in-Residence program for local writers at the Racine Arts Council. Two writers are selected each year as residents for 6 months. Writers-in-residence are provided with a stipend and work space at the RAC’s office and gallery in downtown Racine.
- Collaborated with Visioning a Greater Racine to organize a visioning session for Racine’s arts community. Over 50 artists, arts supporters, and representatives of local arts organizations attended the November 21, 2016 session held at the Racine Public Library.
- Created a Facebook page to post information about art events and opportunities around town with the goal of fostering a diverse, engaged and interconnected community.
- Compiled a comprehensive Resources Guide for creatives in our area. The guide, published on our website, includes information on funding, exhibition opportunities, residencies, work spaces and much more.