Below is a guide to resources for area artists. Each entry is a link to the relevant web site.
- Racine Arts Council (RAC) ArtSeed Program
- Racine Community Foundation
- Racine County Cultural and Community Services Grant
Fellowships and Residencies
- RAM Artist Fellowships
- Racine Writer in Residence
- Kenosha/Racine Poets Laureate Program
- Black-Eyed Press Artist Residencies
- Wisconsin Poet Laureate Program
- Pfister Hotel Artist-in-Residence (Milwaukee, WI)
- Pfister Hotel Narrator (Milwaukee, WI)
- Kohler Arts/Industry Program (Sheboygan, WI)
- Wormfarm Institute Artist Residency Program (Reedsburg, WI)
- Write On Door County Residency Program (Fish Creek, WI)
- ACRE Residency Program (Steuben, WI)
- Ragdale Foundation Residency Program (Lake Forest, IL)
- TRANSIT (Chicago, IL)
- Studios Midwest (Galesburg, IL)
The following organizations/series have information on their web sites about how to audition and/or take part in performances.
- Bonk! Performance Series
- Family Power Music Grassroots Open Mic and Feature Showcase
- Racine Theater Guild
- Rhode Center for the Arts (Kenosha, WI)
- Linneman’s Poet’s Monday (Milwaukee, WI)
- Var Gallery Objective Open Mic (Milwaukee, WI)
The following venues review submissions from visual artists on a regular basis and have information on their web sites outlining the submission process. There are other galleries and arts exhibition spaces in the area that show work by local, regional and national artists.
- Wustum Museum
- Gallery on 16th
- Carthage College H.F. Johnson Gallery of Art
- UW Parkside Art Galleries
- Anderson Arts Center
- Charles Allis Art Museum – Forward: A Survey of Wisconsin Art Now (Milwaukee, WI)
- Wisconsin Artists Biennial (West Bend, WI)
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art Wisconsin Triennial (Madison, WI)
- Walker’s Point Center for the Arts (Milwaukee, WI)
- Ploch Art Gallery at The Wilson Center for the Arts (Brookfield, WI)
- Overture Center for the Arts (Madison, WI)
- Edgewood College Gallery (Madison, WI)
- James May Gallery (Algoma, WI)
Directories of Opportunities
The gallery guide is a directory of over 30 exhibition spaces at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
CAC hosts an artist-curated directory of calls for artists, professional development resources, job postings and artist work spaces. It serves visual artists, writers, filmmakers, musicians, dancers and actors.
CGN provides a calendar of art exhibitions, along with comprehensive links to galleries, institutions (such as museums, university galleries and alternative spaces) and art services in the Chicago area.
The following sites provide information about artist opportunities (calls for artists and job postings) throughout the United States.
Fiscal sponsorship is beneficial for projects and organizations that are seeking funding but do not have tax exempt status. A public charity with 501(c)(3) status (such as Arts Wisconsin) can act as a sponsor, allowing the project or organization to seek grants and solicit tax-deductible donations under the sponsor’s formal tax exempt status.
- Racine Art Guild
- Spectrum School of the Arts and Community Gallery
- Artists Gallery Racine
- Kenosha Writers’ Guild